Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

90 K1500 Stalls

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2008, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 K1500 Stalls

Hey All, I have a reall hard one for anyone whom like hard questions.
Its a stalling problem but reading many posts here and other forums this stall is a different then everyone else's.
My truck Drives fine and it idles fine. The part where it stalls is when I give it gas then let off the gas. At the point of letting off the gas it starts to either chug for a bit then stall or chug for a bit then idle out to normal untill I give it gas and let off again.
Driveing in Drive it barly ever stalls but it does chug everytime I let of the gas.
Driveing in Reverse it 9 times out of 10 when I let of the gas it stalls.
How ever.
When my truck is frozen, as I do live in Canada it runs just fine. No stalling No chuging.
When the truck is warmed up it does it all the time.

Things I have replaced on this truck are and not because of this problem but this truck has sentimental value and I am bringing it back from the dead. Litterally.
Anyhow replaced are:

Map Sensor
IAC
All Vacumn lines
Spark Plugs\CAbles
Distributor cap
Rotar
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
Fuel Tank
Fuel Sending Unit
Trany Filter
Oil Filter
PCV Valve
Radiator
Condenser
Ignition Module
Oxygen Sensor
Knock Sensor
Coolant temp Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
ESC
EGR Solenoid Valve

The rest of the stuff Is not anthing motor related like universals and body work and stuff.
Anyhow Its a been a long haul with this truckand once I get this last problem worked out Ill be some happy.
On a side not, my pistons get 150 to 157 on the pressure which should be fine as I had toboar outthe blockand put new pistons and rings in.
Alsodid the Lifters and valves.
Timeing is bang on.. I think, well at least to the GMC Repair manual it is. lol.

Might of been a smaller list if I told yous what I didn't replace.
Hmm EGR Valve?

Thanks for the help.

Old January 10th, 2008, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 90 K1500 Stalls

I have somewhat of a smiliar problem. I've changed out everything in the fuel system but my fuel pump and my truck starts spitting and sputtering at idle, picks back up, then dies out. I highly doubt it's the fuel pump since it still moves like a raped ape.
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 90 K1500 Stalls

I am so lost on this one. How ever I have done my own custom exhaust and not sure if this is true or not but someone once told me I might not have enough back pressure.
I don't know how true this is so I just made an appointment at the GM dealership for them to put it on the computer and see if perhapsI need some reprogramming of some sort.

I like to do as much work by myself as I can as I enjoy it but I have litterally replaced everything on this truck so Im stumped. lol