Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

94 pulls to the left

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2011, 1:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 pulls to the left

my 94 k1500 has been pulling to the left when braking and driving and seems to be getting progressively worse...like most problems that go unattended...just looking for a good starting point for diagnosing the problem
Old March 28th, 2011, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

i had the same problem with my 97 i had to get new upper lower ball joint ty rods and front brakes mayb yours wont b as bad
Old March 28th, 2011, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Check your left front brake caliper,they sometimes get "dirty" or corroded and the piston inside the caliper will stick out a little.This causes drag on the left when driving. Also check the brake lines all around. Sometimes the rubber part of the lines swell shut. This disrupts the fluid from going in the caliper. So the piston doesn't come out as fast or far on one side. Causing it to pull when braking.
Old March 29th, 2011, 7:07 PM
CF Junior Member

I second big chuck

A swollen or separated line on r/s could also make it pull left. If it is swollen or torn or separated it will sometimes restrict flow to caliper causing the right side not to work as well as the left subsequently pulling to the left.
Old March 30th, 2011, 4:43 PM
CF Junior Member

well i got under it today and i have bad ball joints and tie rod ends...brakes seem fine but we'll see when i get the rest replaced
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

Prob Caliper like big chuck states. Mine did same thing. You can some times tell if you feel front rims for heat or you may smell brake pads roasting . if one is notably hot, thats the one sticking. I just took off wheel. sprayed caliper piston area with brake clean, then forced piston inwards with a pry bar on brake pad surface sprayed it with some more brake clean works fine now. If it comes back try a new brake pad That way the piston will ride farther inside caliper if that doesnt work your piston caliper prob needs to be replaced.