Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

97 k1500 No Power Locks (standard Cab)

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2014, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 k1500 No Power Locks (standard Cab)

Hello, I am new to the forums so I apologize if I am neglecting any forum etiquette.

I am having a problem with my power door locks not responding on either driver or passenger side. From what I can tell I am getting absolutely no response (no sounds, actuators moving, pulsing, etc.), literally it seems to do nothing. I did read plenty of forums ahead of time regarding this issue but I feel I am stuck. I heard that fuse #13 (cig lighter) is somehow linked with the power door locks, I replaced this fuse (it was blown) with a good one, The next one blew, so I took out the cig lighter from the outlet and put a new fuse in again (this time the fuse didn't blow). However, I still have no power locks! Obviously there is a issue with the cig lighter (I don't use it so not having it is no big deal) I also swapped, did not replace, the '20a' circuit breaker with another in the fuse box (position A pwr accy), still no avail. Anyone have an idea?
Old November 4th, 2014, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have the exact same issue in my 1990 Silverado. My mechanic tore the doors off and checked every fuse/relay. I finally told him to cut my losses. We suspect the actuators are the issue since we checked everything but them - but then again we are confounded how they would both die at the exact same time. I have resigned myself to live without them. I did learn one thing from the experience - even great mechanics HATE bug hunts. I have been reading about the F-150 continually and am leaning toward going to the F word for my next truck.

Originally Posted by eryan90
Hello, I am new to the forums so I apologize if I am neglecting any forum etiquette.

I am having a problem with my power door locks not responding on either driver or passenger side. From what I can tell I am getting absolutely no response (no sounds, actuators moving, pulsing, etc.), literally it seems to do nothing. I did read plenty of forums ahead of time regarding this issue but I feel I am stuck. I heard that fuse #13 (cig lighter) is somehow linked with the power door locks, I replaced this fuse (it was blown) with a good one, The next one blew, so I took out the cig lighter from the outlet and put a new fuse in again (this time the fuse didn't blow). However, I still have no power locks! Obviously there is a issue with the cig lighter (I don't use it so not having it is no big deal) I also swapped, did not replace, the '20a' circuit breaker with another in the fuse box (position A pwr accy), still no avail. Anyone have an idea?

Last edited by SmokeyCity; November 4th, 2014 at 5:52 PM.
Old November 4th, 2014, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the condolences "smokey city". I know exactly what you mean though, and electrical troubleshooting (no matter the make and model of any vehicle) is always a true pain in the @$$. I have ordered the (power door lock relay) which is located to the best of my knowledge to the bottom right of the radio in the dash or 'somewhere' near that geographical location. I agree though, it seems far fetched that an actuator or the actual power lock itself could so simultaneously go fubar on both doors identically. I will attempt to replace this relay most likely this weekend and will get back to you. In the mean time, any other thoughts or input is greatly appreciated.
Old November 5th, 2014, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

let us know if your fix works

Originally Posted by eryan90
Thanks for the condolences "smokey city". I know exactly what you mean though, and electrical troubleshooting (no matter the make and model of any vehicle) is always a true pain in the @$$. I have ordered the (power door lock relay) which is located to the best of my knowledge to the bottom right of the radio in the dash or 'somewhere' near that geographical location. I agree though, it seems far fetched that an actuator or the actual power lock itself could so simultaneously go fubar on both doors identically. I will attempt to replace this relay most likely this weekend and will get back to you. In the mean time, any other thoughts or input is greatly appreciated.