Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

99 chevy pick up w/ 2000 chevy bed

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2014, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 chevy pick up w/ 2000 chevy bed

A few weeks ago my fiancé bought a 1999 chevy Silverado pick up from a friend. The gentleman did not have the original bed for the pick up but he had one from a 2000 Silverado. While trying to connect the wiring for the headlights/break lights and blinkers they realized that the connections are not the same so they just threw it together to the best of their ability. Now the head lights do not shut off at all, the break lights blink when you use the blinkers and the blinker lights light up when you engage the break. Do any of yall have any tips or insight as to how he can get everything wired up correctly? Obviously i am not a mechanic and have basic knowledge but he has some mechanical background and could possibly figure it out with a little guidance, but he is computer illiterate so i thought id help him on this part! Any help would be appreciated!