Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another door lock is out again.. Where does everyone buy them?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2013, 9:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another door lock is out again.. Where does everyone buy them?

I already changed the front passenger side and I hear these things are awful and should have been called back. Where is the best place to get them as I cannot remember where I bought the last one. I have a 2008 Silverado 2500HD crew cab.

It is the rear passenger side door in case there's a pro playing around in here tonight...

Is there an advertiser here that sells a little cheaper then the local list price dealer?

Thanks...

G..
Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You used to get answers on here...

I see the official Chevrolet responses here now. Does that mean that anything besides dealer price is not talked about any longer? There were a couple dealers that sold to end users that had the mechanical abilities to do their own service work. I've rebuilt enough small block Chevy engines in my life to not want to buy a part at dealer list price.

Am I seeing this wrong? Has something changed on the forums to disallow any information to be passed on? If I got it wrong just let me know. It doesn't seem possible unless responses are being deleted with this many views. I can sure understand if it's a non advertiser. But there used to be because I got the information from here.

Any help would be appreciated. And to Mr. Chevrolet. This should be a recall item on the top of your list as my Ford friend loves to ask about my door locks.

G..
Old June 2nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

check to see if dorman is making a inexpensive aftermarket lock actuator. They make window regulators for half the price of anyone else so they may be into locks also.

next time i have one out I'm gonna open it up and see if a repair is possible.

your ford friend is funny; ask him how the eoc-boost in the f150 is holding up when used for towing applications!

Last edited by tech2; June 3rd, 2013 at 7:30 AM.