Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cherry bomb

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2007, 9:58 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cherry bomb

I have a 96 Silverado 5.7. I have 2 cherry bomb turbo II on it. The rest is stock. Mine is not loud and has a nice tone. I will agree that flowmaster would be better as they will last longer. Most Cherry Bombs will not be to loud. If you get a traditional glass pack they will be.
Old December 29th, 2007, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, first of all, I think we have accomplished that the kid doesnt have a whole $hitload of money to spendon custom exhaust, so that pretty much rules out flows. Second, if you own a ford [:'(], you shouldnt be talking because glass packs/cherry bombs sound considerably different on a chevy thana ford or a dodge, or whatever. I do have a '99 silverado Z71, 5.7, and I do have glass packs on it because just like this kid, Im not made of money. Reason being, that I know someone who has a 97 with flows, and for the amount of money difference, there really is not a lot of noise difference. Then, I have no idea who told you ppl that cherry bombs/glass packs change your gas mileage durastically, you are an idiot. What little it does change, it changes for the better. Lastly, if I can give you any advice other than that, it is DO NOT cut off your exhaust pipe to your muffler, that is just plain retarded, it looks stupid, and you are asking for way more trouble than you need.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okedoke without stepping on anyones feet or beliefs... i have glasspacks on my truck and it doesnt really rob your gas mileage. if you put them on right... see i got a 350 and the 2 pipes from the engine run down the passenger side. i ditched the giant muffler and the 6 feet of tube after it and installed the glasspacks where the muffler was. actually see when you put a cold air intake like me you need to take out some back pressure in the exhaust so it can be more effective. so now i have more intake flow and exhaust flow. and as long as you install the glasspacks right and theres no leakage it wont sound bad. the only difference between the full exhaust and the glasspacks is that glasspacks only get you the sound and partial performance. the full exhaust unlocks a lot more power. for example, long tube headers for more performance, high flow cats(if your vehicle is made after 1995) and bigger pipes and either a high flow muffler or just straight pipes. if you want it cheap... get the long tube headers, buy a flange that will hook up correctly to the headers and pipe after and have your local exhaust shop bend the pipe and maybe have him weld it or you do it... either way theres a lot to do... hell, screw the pipes! pop the header collecter pipe from the hood! i would... if i could get away. but with my glasspacks i set off car alarms. its fun