Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cts sensor

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2011, 4:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, new cts still runs bad plugged in . runs fine unplugged
Old August 11th, 2011, 5:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You said "the readings are bouncing all over the place" when you measured the resistance across the sensor terminals (with the electrical connector off). Is it the same with the new sensor? I assume you know how to use the meter (VOM or DVM?) and the meter itself is good?
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Unhappy

old one ohms set at 20k. on the bench settles on 195 ohms. new one the same
don't understand why with cts unplugged runs and shifts as it should . plug it in and it bucks and slips between 2nd and 3rd. and stumbles all over itself between 1st and second . after first to second shift holding pedal constant it will slowly catch up to pedal. then stumble going to 3rd. have had a code 67 for 2 years. that is the only code it shows now. unless i unplug the cts.
Old August 13th, 2011, 6:07 AM
CF Senior Member

code 67 is for the torque converter clutch circuit try unplugging it from the trans and see how it runs i had this on a 85 citation that was bucking turned out to be the brake light switch causing the clutch to come on and off while driving

Sean

97 4x4 burb
Old August 13th, 2011, 8:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gaftop1
old one ohms set at 20k. on the bench settles on 195 ohms. new one the same
don't understand why with cts unplugged runs and shifts as it should . plug it in and it bucks and slips between 2nd and 3rd. and stumbles all over itself between 1st and second . after first to second shift holding pedal constant it will slowly catch up to pedal. then stumble going to 3rd. have had a code 67 for 2 years. that is the only code it shows now. unless i unplug the cts.
Those resistance values don't make sense to me and thus I don't know what to say. As to why it runs better, the ECM will default to some preprogrammed parameters in the absence of the ECT sensor input. It'll use more fuel and retard ignition timing. I suggest taking it in for service.