Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

EGR Delete Resistor Size

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2006, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR Delete Resistor Size

Hello folks... I'm new to the forum... I just recently started modifying my silverado, and right now I'm stuck on a few things...

First the damn flange broke when I was installing the headers, so that's leakin all over. I'm working on finding a shop to weld a new flange on or patch that one up I guess...

Then the "direct bolt-in cat-back" was anything but direct bolt in, but we all know how that goes. It's on but the 2 junction points to the stock exhaust are leaking a lot...

While installing the headers I mangle dup the EGR tube since it was rust welded on... So I yanked the EGR stuff out...

As of right now I'm working on gettin the SES light to disappear. The cat-back required me to remove one o2 sensor, but that has been replaced with a sim. I assume that isn't the problem, but I plan to get a scan tonight to make sure... I pulled the EGR stuff off becuase it was all nasty and rusted, and I think the valve was even shot. In order to prevent the SES from coming on, I ripped the plug portion of the egr valve off the top and plugged it into the harness. However, 2 of the terminals were attached directly to the solenoid of the egr valve, and thus the SES light is shining brightly...

My question is... does anyone happen to know what size resistor I need to stick into those two terminals so that it "thinks" the EGR valve is still present? If all else fails, I'm going to grab a salvage yard egr valve and just plug it in, but it'd be a bit cheaper and less work for me if I can just figure out what size resistor to get...

Thanks much in advance...

-Garrett