Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gonna set the truck on freaking fire

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2020, 6:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna set the truck on freaking fire

Morning people, people!

I am by no means a mechanic. But on my 97 Silverado pickup if I can find some videos on youtube then I will give it a go with some success now and then. But on this I have had no luck.

Here is my story. Took my truck to Wal-Mart to have wipers put on and the oil changed. I drove the truck home everything was fine. Did not use the tuck till the next day. Got in, turned the key and nothing. No click, no power, no electrical, I mean noting at all. Cannot find anything on a truck just dieing. I will say that I took it to Wal Mart because it had been losing power going up hills. I mean like would not go over 25 mph. I did find that if I backed off the gas it would pick up some speed but not much. A stpb in the dart I took it to Wal Mart and they did the above work plus changed the air filter and maybe a couple other things.

Once it died I let it sit a bit (a month) because I was just angry with it. Me getting angry is not a good thing. I did decide recently to have the battery checked and it was bad. Auto had to charge it for a couple of hours to be able to check it. They said it still wouldn't show anything. I took it somewhere else to test it and they said basically the same thing. Went to Wal Mart and they exchanged it. This battery was less that 2 years old and the second one I had exchanged.

Still however nothing at all when turning the key. I got my test lite and I show the line from the battery is hot. That line runs under the truck. It does fork off just as it goes under but I cannot get to that wire. With my test lite however the line from the battery that I can reach under the truck is dead. It looks like that line other than the fork is just a straight line to where I checked it under the truck where it is dead. I don't get it. It should be hot seeing as to how it is straight from the battery.

The line that forks off I cannot really see where it goes for sure but it looks like it comes back up and to the alternator. I cannot reach where it goes in so I had to pull the alternator. I checked what I think is the line that forks off and nothing, it's dead.

I decided to just start randomly checking wires from front to the back and inside out. There is not hot wire anywhere on the truck.

I did check all of the fuses even the large ones under the hood. Everything is dead. I just stood there thinking it over then junked my ratchet through the front windshield. I should get angry.

Without a paycheck coming in right now I cannot pay anyone so I have got to get it working some how. I need some suggestions. Really bad. So what does anyone here think I could check. I am at a loss. Thanks!

97 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.7 4x