Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2012, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the DIC Accessory that I will need?

Hendrick GM Accessories - GenuineGMAccessories.com

The one you sent was for Silveardo. I hope this is the one. Please let me know.
Old June 18th, 2012, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Boucher187
Is this the DIC Accessory that I will need?

Hendrick GM Accessories - GenuineGMAccessories.com

The one you sent was for Silveardo. I hope this is the one. Please let me know.
Is this the one that I should get?

I can get a deal on them?

2007-2013 Sliverado Sierra Driver Information center GM 19159438 | eBay
Old June 19th, 2012, 7:50 PM
CF Active Member

I believe the Chevy and Gmc part #s are the same. So i don't think it matters where you get the part from. Just make sure the cut outs are the same for you truck (ie head light ***, etc). I thought you would like that.

What you bought was exactly what I wanted when but couldn't find one anywhere for under 25k. So you definately got a good deal. As far as the undercoating, we don't really have a need for that here in sunny Florida, so I have no real advice for you regarding that avenue.

Just for you gee golly info. the 08 LTZ crw 4x4 6.0L 4-speed 3.73 rear end got 8mph towing a 8k camper @ 65mph and unloaded got 15 mpg @ 75mph.

I'm glad i could be helpful. But just for the record, you have to tell my wife I wasn't spending all the time on the computer flirting with a girl, but helping you. :O
Old June 20th, 2012, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

I checked and the cutouts are the same. I am going to have to read the link that you sent earlier about installing them before I do this. I hope it only takes a few minutes. I can not live with just having my ODOMETER and TEMPERATURE. That is useless. I want the GOODS!

That is what I wanted to hear! And that is the same for me. I was not able to find this truck the last 5-6 months or so and finally landed this one with the options I wanted and the color I wanted. I am still up in the air about the undercoat. I do not drive much (on;y 6,000 miles a year) so not sure how much it will help, but it may give me peace of mind. I’d like to get:

• Bedliner
  • Tonneau Cover (Any Recommendations?)
  • Undercarriage Painted
  • Tint Front Windows
  • Cold Air Intake

Any other recommendations. Simple MODS. I want to keep it pretty stock!

Those MPG’s are not too bad for the work you were doing. Pretty impressed. Mine over the weekend was all country and stop and go and I pulled in about 18-20 MPG. I was nursing it a bit and just cruising….I am pretty impressed with that also.

Thank for all your help. If your wife ever questions anything just show her the POSTS. Haha!
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:51 PM
CF Active Member

I really liked my truxedo tonneau cover. Had it for two years and absolutely zero problems with it. My new truck came with this quad fold hard cover one so I left that one on. It was a hard shell one and figured it would provide more security for trips. But, never had a problem with my soft one.

I would add a tail gate lock to your accessories if ur truck didn't come with one. You can get it through gm's website and it will key to your existing ignition key.

for yoru performance area, if you have an extended warranty, leave it stock. Any mods just about make your warrenty obsolete (warranties find ways to void the policy and blame it on accessories even though it is illegal you still have to jump through hoops to prove them wrong). And yes, GM CAN tell if you had a program on your PCM even if your remove it before going to the dealer. I did a but load of research on this. There is even a technical bullitin that I have read that specifies how the technician is to check for a previously installed tune. They even have to take pictures of the scanner readout and email it to the warranty division before they will authorize a claim. So even if you have a friend at the dealership, the warranty will still need to validate your PCM reading.

If you don't have a warranty, get a hold of Justin with Blackbearperformance. I plan on getting a custom tune from him this xmas. Have heard nothing but great things about his tunes.
Old June 21st, 2012, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

I am going to look at that one (The Truxedo) and also the Extang Trifecta. Do you know the brand of the HARD FOLD one that you have on the new truck?

That is a good idea. Going to add the LOCK to the truck.

That is a good idea about not adding that since it will void Warranty. I want to keep stock. Thanks. That will save me some issues.

How about this one. I went for a ride yesterday (after letting the truck sit in my garage for 3 days not driven) and it was a little slow to start. I went for a 10 mile ride to the gas station and it was the same when I started there. Took a 2 second time frame to start. Then I went another 10 minles and sat for 15-20 minutes. I told my friend "I bet you it will take a few seconds to start.." And behold it took about 4 seconds to finally turn over and start.

Battery seems fine since when it starts there are no dim lights and voltages show 14 +.

Also when not running the lights and power are fine. I just installed the NEW DIC (It was a cake walk to do).

What do you think my issues might be? I hope the dealer corrects this since I only put 200 miles on it!

Here is the warranty that I have left on the truck.

Warranty End Date
PowerTrain Limited Warranty 12-10-2013
Corrosion Limited Warranty 12-10-2014
Emission Select State Component Lty Warranty 12-10-2015

Last edited by Boucher187; June 21st, 2012 at 7:29 AM.