Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Haunted Horn

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2006, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haunted Horn

Hello -
my horn seems to have a mind of its own - for the last month or so - it never fails about 2 times a week- around 2am, my horn on my 2000 Silverado sticks on (truck is turned off and I'm sound asleep) - it will honk straight for several minutes - most of the time it just turns off on its own -
last night when this happenend, I found if I put pressure on the brake (light pressure does fine), the horn stops - let off the brake and it goes back on - this seems to be the only thing that will make it stop - however, it will not stay off tell it feels like it wants to -

To get this to stop - I've tried turning the truck off/on - messing with the keyless remote - pounding on the horn -

It seems - this may of all started when my battery went bad - the post fell off leaving me sitting in a parking lot -

I changed batteries and everything else has been fine except this dang horn issue (I don't know if the battery issue had anything to do with it) -

My first question - an easy way to shut the horn up (take out a fuse or disconnect a wire)
and second - what is going on?

any suggestions are welcome!
thanks!
jon
Old September 24th, 2006, 7:41 AM
WSF
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Haunted Horn

i had a 95 buick. used 2 do da same frm time 2 time yet it suddenly stopped.. i think da prob is frm da wiring, or switches. btw do u have an alarm system in ur car, cuz sum alarms just jam up da horn.