Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

heater not blowing hot air in my 2009 Silverado crew cab

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater not blowing hot air in my 2009 Silverado crew cab

Hello all,
I'm new here so I'm not sure if i am in the right place.

I am having a problem with my heater blowing hot air in my 2009 Silverado crew cab. When I turn the **** to hot air it doesn't blow hot. It is blowing air out, it is just not hot. Can anyone help me out here and point me in the right direction?
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Sounds like it could be a bad blend door actuator or a clogged heater core. Touch both heater hoses when the engine is at temperature. If they are both hot the heater core is not clogged. If one hose is hotter than the other it is clogged. The blend door actuator is under the dash. Not sure exactly where under the dash on the 09.
Old October 30th, 2012, 8:31 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> eddie33m,

I agree with "oldchevy". Based on your description, it sounds blend door related.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend door actuator may have been wrong one

I took off the blend door actuator and I'm not sure if I took off the correct one or not. The one I took off was just above the gas pedal. The part I took off worked where the air came out from, i.e. the feet, both feet and face, defrost and feet, etc. It didn't control the air temperature. Did I pull the wrong part? Now I can't get it back on correctly. my luck!