Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help Please!!!!:( Water in fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2011, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help Please!!!!:( Water in fuel problem

Ok Heres The Thing bout My 86 Chevy c10 305,I bought the truck 8 mnths ago and the exhaust seals were shot i replaced them and just rebuild the carb and it cranked. my gas can with my working gas got rain water accidently in it and it ran to the engine unknowingly.the next morning i tried to crank it i figured it was the water cause it would get fire run real high for a sec and die like it was starving for fuel.I drained the fuel fuel line and fuel filter got fresh gas in it and primed it tried to crank it and nothing just a slight fire twice out of trying to crank for 30 mins off and on. after fuel line exploded on my face and getting fuel in my ear canal (very f*&^ing painful by the way) I am getting extremely aggrevated. Can someone help i am sorry for any missed info needed just ask and ill get back asap. Thanks in advanced for the help.
Old December 25th, 2011, 9:16 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There used to be a product called DryGas (DriGas??) - but I don't know if they still make it. It was in a yellow bottle and it would alleviate moisture & condensation in the fuel system, especially in colder weather.

Good luck with fixing the problem, sir!

** Merry Christmas!! **