Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 1:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HID kit on NBS Silverado - questions

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2010, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do we need CANBUS compatible ballasts? Will I get a bulb-out warning if i don't get CANBUS ballasts?
Old January 6th, 2010, 7:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an 04 silverado with black projector headlights with a 6k 55w hid kit. i also had the kit in my stock headlights. they were very bright in my stock headlights. with the projector lights they are more focused. and provide a convex pretty much. im in cali and i've driven opposite directions of chp and sheriffs. they havent touched me. so i cant say its not illegal. i like the 6k lights because they are diamond white with a tint of blue. with the higher temperature you go the closer your beam spectrum is. overall im very happy with the hid kit i bought. i bought a xentec hid kit. you can find them on amazon for cheap. hope all goes well. good luck
Old January 8th, 2010, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 09 silverado with the 6000k kit in low and fogs, and i love em, they are bright, and the fogs are a little glary to the oncoming vehicles, but haven't been flashed yet, and i have a 2" level kit in mine. The headlamps are fine.. no glare from the low beams.. I'm currently going to put some in the high beams, and the reverse lights.. love hids!!!!
Old January 9th, 2010, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

How the hell do you get the headlight housings out? I took out the two top screws and pulled pretty hard but they wouldn't come out.
Old January 12th, 2011, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Its was a simple installation on my Silverado... go on youtube and punch in HId installation on a Silverado there should be a video out there showing you how to install them.. I purchased mine online at hidnation.com then I had a shop near my house install them. love em though
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:20 AM
CF Beginner

when i installed them on my nbs 07 hd i had to pull the grill which is part of the bumper to get to the lower bolts. you could proablly get to them by pulling out the inner fender liner on both sides. and the center is a push in clip. the hard part was mounting the ballist in a good spot. i ended up going to the core support. i had ballists to squeeze in. i love them though. the high beams are only good if your on a dark road for a few min. the time they take to heat up seems to be a bit slow sometimes.
Old March 12th, 2012, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by yettavr6
How the hell do you get the headlight housings out? I took out the two top screws and pulled pretty hard but they wouldn't come out.
Its was a simple installation on my Silverado... go on youtube and punch in HId installation on a Silverado there should be a video out there showing you how to install them.
Old March 14th, 2012, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Depending on the year of your Silverado xsighting makes a HID kit for 99-02 Silverados/ 02-06 Tahoes that has a redesigned housing for the HID's. A little pricey but I had them on my old 02 and were great, never been flashed since I had them.

Xsighting Lighting™ - Products
Old March 19th, 2012, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by aukai22
where are you from because its not illegal in hawaii. just was wondering if they change some kind of law or something because last i heard you can go up to 10k. from 10k down its all D.O.T. approved. as long as it says D.O.T. approved its not illegal.
manyadeal.com is your best choice !!!!!!!
Old June 6th, 2012, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default HID question

Ok, I have a 2010 chevy silverado and i want to replace my low beams, drl and fog lights with 6000 HID. So my question is are the drl the same as the low beams. I only see one bulb when i look in there and i cant tell a difference when i have the drl on then turn the lb on.
any info would be appreciated fellas.
thanks JT

Quick Reply: HID kit on NBS Silverado - questions