Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

How do I know if I have a Bose system?

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2007, 12:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I know if I have a Bose system?

I know this sounds like a silly question, but I have been searching for the last two days for a way to verify if I have the Bose sound system with a separate amplifier and sub-woofer in the center console.

To make a long story short, I am trying to purchase the correct wiring harness adapter to install a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Car Kit in my 2007 Silverado 2500HD (new body style). There is a HUGE price difference between the Bose versus non-Bose system.

I ordered the LTZ package. I have the navigation system with a single CD player, XM Radio and Onstar. I do not have the rear DVD entertainment system. My window sticker says it includes the "Bose Premium Speaker System". I see the Bose logo on the tweeter speaker grills on the A-pillar. All of this leads me to believe I have a Bose system, but when I follow the Owners Manual that came with the Navigation/Sound system, I don't see the same features that are supposed to be part of the Bose system (such as Digital Signal Processing, Automatic Equalization, Bose Centerpoint signal processing, Bose Audio Pilot...)

Is there an option code I can look for in the glove box? Is there an easy way for me to check to see if I have a separate amp located in the center console? I tried to listen for the sub-woofer in the center, but I can't hear it.

I'm embarrassed to be asking this question, but I'm going crazy trying to verify what my truck has. If it is a "non-Bose" system (no separate amplifier), the wiring harnes will cost about $32.00 If it is a Bose system, then the harness will cost $139.00. I don't want to purchase the expensive one unless I am absolutely sure I have a Bose system with a separate amplifier.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!!

Doug.
Old December 6th, 2007, 2:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: How do I know if I have a Bose system?

maybe call Bose?
Old December 6th, 2007, 2:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have the tweeters that have the bose logo, then you have the bose amp. only the bose system has the subwoofer in the console. As far as the Digital Signal Processing, Automatic Equalization, Bose Centerpoint signal processing, Bose Audio Pilot, ETC, those options are only available on the Denali's and the Escalade. I learned that the manuals were printed before they removed those features on the chevrolets and some of the GMC products.
Old December 6th, 2007, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you. What you explained makes a lot of sense. I sort of had the feeling I had the Bose system, but I feel better now that I have a solid answer.

Doug.
Old December 6th, 2007, 7:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LTZ's come standard with the Bose System