Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

i need help, please.

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2010, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help, please.

ok first off, im 19, im new to chevy, my truck is a 1999 silverado 1500 2wd with the vortec v6. single cab short bed, and i love it. just an fyi.

we (me and my dad) replaced my heater core in my truck. the day after we pulled the dash and put the ac/heater assembly back in my dad started puting some stuff back on while i was at church. heres what i think was the problem. i worked on the drivers side of the truck, and we worked on the pass. side. ok so when i was taking off connecters to pull it off, i remeber clearly there was a 8 pin connecter right behind the instrument cluster. well when i came home i found that i couldnt find the other end of that plug...he had already put the dash back in, so i couldnt really go dig for it. thats the only problem i had with the truck since we pulled the dash.

so heres what changed. the shift light doesnt work like it should. i dont have brake lights. and my drl's and headlights come on before i take the parking brake off.

if anyone could please help me that would be great.
Old December 21st, 2010, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Start Over

Retrace your steps. Take the dash back off. Dont be lazy! Do it right the first time.
Old December 21st, 2010, 2:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep.
Something was incorrectly hooked back up.
Take it apart and look to see if he maybe plugged that 8 pin connector into something else.
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by SleepingGiant
Retrace your steps. Take the dash back off. Dont be lazy! Do it right the first time.
ALIGHT DAD JEEZ LEAVE ME ALONE, haha, but yeah like my dad told me when i was young, if something was working before you took it apart and isnt working after you put it together then you know what your problem is........YOU DIDNT PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER RIGHT"
Old January 3rd, 2011, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

haha yea, we fixed..turns out i was right too. he didnt see it there when he put the dash back in, but we took the dash cover off and we were getting ready to pull the dash out and i happened to look in the hole where the headlight switch goes and see the end of the plug. ran some wire down there to fish it up, plugged it in, and ta da. brake lights work. LOL
Old January 4th, 2011, 7:14 AM
CF Beginner

One lesson I learned a while back: Don't work on something when you should be in church. It never works. Something will ALWAYS go wrong.
Old January 5th, 2011, 4:12 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by mattsauto
One lesson I learned a while back: Don't work on something when you should be in church. It never works. Something will ALWAYS go wrong.
thats kinda ironic, he prolly doesnt pray to the chevy gods enough