Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jump Seat Disaster

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2012, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Seat Disaster

I ordered a jump seat for our 2006 Chevy Silverado recently, and took it to have it installed this week. When we got it back, the console had been removed and the seat installed, but the front panel is just a huge hole with lots of wires hanging down, and the radio, cig lighters, back air vents, etc.. are not connected/working. What went wrong? What can I do/order/etc.. to get those features back in working order? Thanks!!!!
Old August 14th, 2012, 9:41 PM
CF Active Member

sooo... wait a minute, you took your fairly new truck to a shop and they butchered it? what can you do? call a police and get a report, then call a lawyer and sue.
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Console had to be remove to put the jump seat in. Hope you got the console back as it is worth $350-$500 on eBay. The popular mod is to take the jump seat out and put a console in. Take some pictures so we can see what is missing.
Old August 15th, 2012, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Update...

I do have the console.. The man who took it out said that he simply unplugged one main plug to remove the unit from the truck. He works at auto trim place so he didn't know anything about the electronics on it, and did what he was ask to do. The place that removed it is not at fault, I am as I did not do my research before getting this project started. It seems I need some kind of dash kit to replace the one that was built in the original console, but I don't know how to figure that out??? Thanks!!!
Old August 15th, 2012, 8:33 PM
CF Active Member

if you take it to another shop the best places to deal with electrical in your situation would be a stereo shop
Old August 16th, 2012, 6:13 PM
CF Active Member

If you would have posted here first, then me or someone else would have been more than willing to swap everything you need to swap a jump seat in place of a console even up, every part from the dash prices to the jump seat cup holders. You could have made me and yourself happy and we both could have gotten what we wanted and it wouldn't have cost either of us much of anything. Darn missed opportunities are the story of my life. As to your question, the back of the jump seat doesn't have air vents so those are out of the question. What you need is a lower dash out of a truck that never hade a console in it. That will give you your cig lighter, aux power port and a small compartment. Also I think that the floor vent under the dash- on top of the hump is different in a non console truck. A non console truck in the junk yard should solve all of your problems fairly easily.
Old March 16th, 2013, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default will trade my console and parts for jumpseat and parts

Originally Posted by grumpychevy
If you would have posted here first, then me or someone else would have been more than willing to swap everything you need to swap a jump seat in place of a console even up, every part from the dash prices to the jump seat cup holders. You could have made me and yourself happy and we both could have gotten what we wanted and it wouldn't have cost either of us much of anything. Darn missed opportunities are the story of my life. As to your question, the back of the jump seat doesn't have air vents so those are out of the question. What you need is a lower dash out of a truck that never hade a console in it. That will give you your cig lighter, aux power port and a small compartment. Also I think that the floor vent under the dash- on top of the hump is different in a non console truck. A non console truck in the junk yard should solve all of your problems fairly easily.

Going to replace console and all uneeded parts, currently looking for the parts for the lower dash (drink tray and glove box parts). Also ac components to fill in the ac vent.
Old March 18th, 2013, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sanchm91@yahoo.com
Going to replace console and all uneeded parts, currently looking for the parts for the lower dash (drink tray and glove box parts). Also ac components to fill in the ac vent.
Anyone want the console parts for the jumpseat parts? Trade?
Old April 12th, 2013, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 classic with a jump seat, dark gray interior in excellent shape. Looking for a complete swap for dark gray console. I'm in Virginia. Let me know if you are interested.

Chris Sr.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Trade Black Leather LTZ Console for Black Leather Jump Seat and Console Parts

I’m in Virginia, looking to swap console for seat.

Also any guides out there on the swap? Console in great condition, can/will send pictures.