Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

K&N or Banks Ram Air

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2009, 8:45 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKR1040
Ive been looking trying to find the deference in gains from either one product but there's nothing that separates either one. K&N will give you dyno data Banks doesn't have that info anywhere I can find.

that's why I said: E-Ram. it is PROVEN to provide low PSI boost. sort of small turbo without major plumbing remake. most of you pay 200-300 for a piece of metal pipe with high flow air filter. for 200 more, you get same filter and guaranteed boost in air flow.
Old May 4th, 2009, 8:55 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

E-Ram looks good too,I just dont have the $$ for a $300 intake.

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/products-eram.html
Old May 4th, 2009, 9:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like that e ram system where does the wiring harness plug into?? How come when you go to buy it it doesent have you select your vehicle? is it universal? thanks
Old May 6th, 2009, 1:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S&B has a million mile warranty, the filter is washable and can be reused after being re-oiled (like a K&N), the tube material is plastic not metal (which conducts heat), and they usually will engrave for free if you buy it from them instead of other retailers that sell them. I bought mine from www.autoanything.com because they were having a sale on the one for my truck, when I opened it up and realized I was missing a few parts I call S&B directly and they sent me the missing parts right out, free of charge! They have a great CS department. And the best part is they comply with CA state smog regulations so you know that your CAI is street legal. Now to address the life expectancy, S&B recommends that you clean and re-oil the filter after every 50,000 miles, they do state that if you use your vehicle for off roading or live where it is really dusty then you may need to clean and re-oil the filter more often, but that can be expected from any filter.
Old May 6th, 2009, 3:16 AM
CF Beginner

IM sorry but I wouldnt stick a bunch of spinning plastic stuff in front of my motor,Imagine if one blade broke off.Ill stick with a plane old CIA or washable drop in.
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by new2me
IM sorry but I wouldnt stick a bunch of spinning plastic stuff in front of my motor,Imagine if one blade broke off.Ill stick with a plane old CIA or washable drop in.
That is a good point, I wonder if the warranty covers something like that?
Old May 6th, 2009, 1:43 PM
Super Moderator

what Blade?

never mind, I found the link. I see what you mean.

Last edited by northey87; May 6th, 2009 at 1:48 PM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

I don't think I could trust a plastic fan in my intake, with all the driving on rough roads I do I can see the fan blades coming in contact with the side walls of the rubber housing its in and breaking up in to my engine.
Old May 6th, 2009, 5:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I like my K&N CAI.(2004-6.0L) I had never heard of Banks, till now.
Old May 6th, 2009, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

I've installed K&N CAI before and always had a good standing with there product, but the banks looks like a quality build CAI and I also think I could rig up the Banks Ram Air Scoop to the air box for add air flow.

Quick Reply: K&N or Banks Ram Air