Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Loss of Power

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of Power

Alright, I have an '01 Silverado 1500 that consumes my life, I love it and every part-time dollar I make goes into it (including an $800 speeding ticket...) anyways a while backI was getting on the interstate and I heard an incredible pop and after that I couldn't go into high rpms because I heard a violentclicking noise(sounding like some loose boltsor something slipping or broke in the tranny maybe..) it won't change gears on time. so I drove itslowly for about3 months (withunder 3.5 rpms running good with small lack of original power)and now I can't even drive it. I have NO power.

I have changed the spark plugs and wires, fuel filter,pcv valve, and checked hoses. The bosch platinum plugs went out as soon as I drove the truck again, covered in carbon. I changed them to autoliteplatinums and the same thing happened and I'm not buying another damn plug.there is no water in my oil and there are no leaks so it can't be a gasket. no smoke, a small lope and no power at all..

I do know the plug wireswere a little longer but the guy who sold them to me said it would be fine. I also recently had my muffler taken off. it has a great sound (surprizingly) and the guy who welded a pipe in its place said nothing after the cats will affect anything because my truck doesn't create alot of back pressure in the muffler as opposed to my buddy's SRT-10.so..now its in the drive way and has random misfires and my codes started with P0303, then P0300 then P0101 so I don't know what else to do. please help cause this is my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 3rd, 2007, 5:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Loss of Power

Have you checked or cleaned the MAF ??
Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
CF Beginner

Not quite sure which one that is..I checked the sensor by the intake...it didn't look like anything was dirty or clogged..it looked pretty simple. I have suction in all my hoses..and everything is plugged up. I was thinking it might be some kinda sensor somewhere but I don't know alot about them.
Old June 4th, 2007, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

It turned out being a clogged catylitic converter (not sure on spelling.) It became clogged because of a bad spark plug wire.