Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My fuel pump went out, NOT

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My fuel pump went out, NOT

Hi everyone, Its 3 weeks now. My truck is running just fine. I pull into the store, engine is off a good hour. Go to start it, it just cranks. I got gas that day. past experience fuel pump. Just did it in my 89 couple years back simple. New pumps in new filter of course. Go to start it just runs for a second. Wait my girlfriends grand prix had theiftlock I had to unlock once. LOW AND BEHOLD my theift lock is activated also. lets go back. Yes I did do pressure check after installing the new pump. OK new pump new filter code is disarmed and--------------same runs for a second and dies! this is all after it was running fine till then. now its gotten past my troubleshooting skills. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks
Old November 6th, 2015, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

My 2005 Silverado 5.3 with 142,000 miles on it..Never had a problem till last week.
Had over 3/4 of fuel from a full tank still in it.When to town and was park about an hour.Came out to go and will not keep running, It was towed to my home and Check the fuel pressure and it had none. Fuel relay and fuse is good..Book said it could be the fuel pump has gone bad..No codes shows up..Replace the fuel pump that also has the build in fuel reg and filter with it.So that all new now. Still does the same thing..Act like it would start if it had some fuel pressure..Anybody here that can help me out,I would sure like to know something else to try..Thanks

Last edited by cookieman; November 9th, 2015 at 8:10 AM.
Old November 16th, 2015, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Make sure you are getting power to the fuel pump pigtail. There is also a inline fuel filter that can plug up.