Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mystery broken sensor

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2015, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery broken sensor

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have an issue with my 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I found a broken sensor on the passenger side of the truck near the frame rail. I have been unsuccessful in figuring out what this sensor does and where the other half of the sensor is. As of tonight, no stored codes are found in the computer and I have checked the 4 wheel drive system and everything is in working order. Truck is running and shifting fine with no issues. 131,000 miles on the truck currently.

Any ideas on what this could be? In the pictures below, the broken sensor is beside where the EGR tube connects to the exhaust. The other 3 pictures show what the sensor looks like. No numbers are stamped or marked on the part of the sensor that I have.

Thank you in advance!

Old November 10th, 2015, 10:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 204 Likes on 178 Posts

Maybe it's just an unused capped off plug?
Old November 10th, 2015, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Renucleus,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure its a capped off plug. The purple end that was plugged into the wiring harness looks to me like a broken sensor. It has contacts inside and looks like it was damaged or broken in some way.
Old November 11th, 2015, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Update, found out the sensor is the high side pressure switch for the AC system. My new compressor has a plug so I need to install the new high side pressure switch.

Anyone know if the system has to be evacuated to install the high side pressure switch in the compressor?