Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NAV Install in 2008 GMC SIERRA HELP!

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2008, 4:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV Install in 2008 GMC SIERRA HELP!

From what I've read on this Forum, I may need to purchase a VSS wire for the Navigation system I just got. It was an Ebay purchase that is a new unit that came with the head unit, gps antenna , a small diameter black harness with 3 wires in it (purpla, gray, and non insulated) and the DVD. It was listed as a kit with the number #19153970.

I have no idea where the black harness goes but I was told it's not used in my truck.

Can someone tell me if I need a VSS wire and there is a specific part number I can purchase or where it gets connected? I would like to install my Nav system this Friday evening and have it programmed Saturday morning if I can remedy this situation.

This nav system is going into a 2008 GMC Sierra without Bose. It has Onstar and XM Radio.

Thank you in advance!
Old February 27th, 2009, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

I have a similar problem. I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado base model without navigation or bose amp. I recently got the factory navigation system installed on my truck and had the dealer unlock it. My sound was really low. So they told me to install a factory Bose Amp. I just got an Amp for 2007-2008 Silverado. Now i need to install it. Some help would be greatly appreciated. nyone can give me the wiring diagrams from the factory service manual or what type of wiring harness would i need.
Old February 27th, 2009, 7:30 PM
CF Active Member

It is easier if you add a aftermarket amp. The Nav radios will only work with amplified systems, or else the sound will be very low. Look up PAC Audio they have a adapter that will plug into the radio and give you rca out with remote turn on.