Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Navigation in Silverado?

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2010, 10:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation in Silverado?

Hey all, new to the forum, and have a quick question. I have a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab, leather, all that good stuff. It has the stock basic stereo, and I'm looking at putting in a replacement stock silverado navigation unit. Will this fit? I see the silverados that have navigation from the factory have a different dash than me and the radio sits lower. So if I buy this from GM parts direct, GM PART # 19169886 will it work? I'm trying to put a navigation radio in that utilizes my existing XM stuff so I dont have to add anything new to the truck.
Old February 19th, 2010, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

42 Views and no one knows? C'mon, surely theres someone out there!
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
CF Active Member

The Nav radio will fit and can be programed to vehicle, but you can only get audio if vehicle has amplifier. The GM OE Nav is a low level output radio only and can not be reconfigured to handle audio without amplifiers.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

So what would i need to do? get an aftermarket amplier and hook to the nav unit?
Old February 21st, 2010, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

DC3843,

Does your 2008 have the Bose speakers? I have an 07 new body style Silverado that came with the 6 disc in dash stereo with the Bose speakers and amp. I bought a used Nav on eBay and swapped them. If you search "Navigation" on here you'll find quite a few threads on the subject. I too have the dash where the stereo is higher up and has the air vents on each side instead of the LTZ set up that has the radio lower with the air vents above the radio and it fits fine. I love the factory look.
Old February 21st, 2010, 5:26 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

check out the Rosen InDashNav solutions. These things will work with ANY audio setup, they have a factory look, utilize all factory steering wheel controls, XM radio, Chimes and Onstar with no extra modules. And it has built in bluetooth

I have done about 5 of these units and love how easily they are installed, and customers love the look and fell of them
http://www.rosenentertainment.com/Na...2011.01.09.pdf
Old February 23rd, 2010, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

shawnvw:

I have a 08 Tahoe LT and I'm thinking about upgrading my HU with Rosen InDashNav. I was wondering if the rear-seat entertainment system, with the other controls on the back of the center console and the wireless headphones will continue to work with the Rosen unit.

Also, have you installed the Rosen backup camera too? Is it difficult?

Thanks for your help.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 3:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, i installed a nav unit gm part # 25841329 on a '07 silverado LT (new body style) with no bose, it came with the ugly single cd radio in it, no leather, power everything.
The head unit was programed at the dealer and it has been working just fine, i didn't have to install anything else, so i guess the truck has an amp from factory or the radio doesn't need an amp. The only prob is the turn signal is louder but nothing to worry about, also the screen sometimes doesn't know it is daytime and it takes a while to change to a brighter mode, but nothing to disappoint me, so if you are still thinking about it go for it!!!

Last edited by QUETRANPA; October 15th, 2013 at 1:49 PM.
Old March 4th, 2010, 9:29 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

did a rosen nav with back-up cam, with an aftermarket overhead DVD a couple days ago into a suburban. I can't say for sure with the rear seat audio controls as the suburban didn't have them, but as long as you give the guys the right vehicle info, everything(from what i've been told) should be retained.
I do know for a fact the the rear vedeo screens and headphones will work fine
The camera has a really nice pic on it, and its only a DIN cable so no extra wiring, just plug it in.
Old June 5th, 2010, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Hi first time in forum, Looking to upgrade radio in 2010 silverado LT non bose to nav, dealer says that I can only use part # 19244269 nav as 2010's are not compatable with other years?? Any help would be appreciated including install instructions.

Quick Reply: Navigation in Silverado?