Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to Chevy

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Chevy

Well I am new to Chevy. Just bought a new 2008 1500 4x4 LTZ. They werent willing to negotiate much on an 09, so I was able to steal the only 08 left on the lot, which was an LTZ 4x4 loaded out. So far I love the truck. If I had known these new trucks drove this good, I would have traded my Ford expedition in long ago. I am a convert, always bought ford till the last two were pieces of ****. This new truck seems to get more of the power to the road than my 07 expedition did. Transmission seems alot sturdier too, no more fumbling gears.

Any thing I need to look out for on the new truck?

Oh ya is there a website that lets you pull up the window sticker for the truck for free. There was one for Ford so I figure Chevy should have one as well.
Old July 10th, 2009, 7:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't know about prices, but, at this site, if you supply your VIN, when ShawnVW has the time,he'll give you a rundown of your specs. Thorough and accurate-whoo!

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new truck.
Old July 10th, 2009, 9:09 PM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forums. The only thing you will have to look out for it the ford and dodge guys getting in your way lol. How about a few pics. We love to see new rides.
Old July 14th, 2009, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Thumper_ehhhhh
Welcome to the forums. The only thing you will have to look out for it the ford and dodge guys getting in your way lol. How about a few pics. We love to see new rides.

Ill try and get some pictures taken. The more I drive this truck the more I enjoy it. Just took it on a weekend trip and man this truck drives good, very smooth for a 4x4 and quiet, but you hear the V8 growl when you get on it.
Old July 14th, 2009, 4:17 PM
CF Active Member

Oh I know what you mean. Mine is a very good ride too. As for the v8 growl. I'm driving my wife nutz. I love dropping the hammer around 40 kph. It just jumps and goes. This is the first V8 i've had sence ohhhhhhhh early 90's and that was a 1972 buick gs. Man I miss that ride.