Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New guy needs help

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2015, 10:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New guy needs help

Hi guys, new member here. I just came over from the dark side, my last two trucks were fords and after years of torment and envying GM trucks I finally purchased myself a brand new 2015 Silverado 2500hd lt double cab. I love the truck and I got an amazing deal on it so I needed to compromise. This truck never was ordered with a tow package so there is no reciever or trailer plugin. I'd like to do it myself and have found lots of hitches that can just bolt on to the frame. But where I'm stuck is with the electrical for the 7 pin connector and brake controller. Is there some where I could find info on what to do or how to do this. I've searched YouTube but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Old November 1st, 2015, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

look under the dash by the steering column. Maybe there is a blunt cut wiring harness for a brake controller hook up. It will be wrapped in a loom with a tag labelled with a description of each wire.