Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new silverado question?

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2010, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new silverado question?

hey guys im back and still working on my ride and got a new puzzle... just got my truck going today after months of working on it,and wanted to ask u a question...........i did alot to this and in that also flushed the cooling system and replaced the hoses and noticed today after running it for awhile,even though its not running hot, when i give it gas the top hose is collapsing,now its a new hose and it goes right back to full shape when i let off the gas but when i rev it it collapes each time....so what does that mean so i kno where to look?like i said its not running hot and the system is clean with new hoes and all,but im stuck what is that a symptom of?or better yet what does that mean? appreciate any insight. thnx bb p.s its a 93 chevy truck 5.7 fuel injected
Old April 19th, 2010, 9:58 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replace the radiator cap the vent in the cap is not working. Also check the coolant level.
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new silverado question

p.s just to let u kno even though i didnt boil test it, the thermostat looked good and the spring was in working order and appeared to be ok. and i did check the coolant level,it is fine and clean,but i didnt change the cap,i`ll do that tomorrow.thnx for the quick response thus far. bb
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

might also try a shadetree mech. trick. start boiling a pot of water, go start truck so it's warming up. once truck approaches the thermostat temp, pour the boiling water over the thermostat housing, this should help heat up thermostat, get it to open. this usually works for me.