Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No air...sometimes.

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2015, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No air...sometimes.

Well its been about a year since I last posted this concern. Hopefully someone has experienced this or knows whats going on....2003 Silverado base model, when air is on vent it'll run all day, put it on A/C or defog and it will run for a while then barely eek out air. I can still hear the blower motor running good and strong but just have very little air. If I turn it off (not the vehicle) for 5-10 minutes it will run for a while then start doing the same thing. I've heard everything from blend door to the dual climate control and well with winter coming up, I'm kinda concerned with the defroster working the way it should as I drive it 75 miles round trip to work everyday. I should mention that the highest setting on the blower (5 setting) has never worked since I was given the vehicle about 3 year ago. A side from that, the vehicle has close to 200,000 miles and has never used more that 1/2 a quart of oil between 5000 mile oil changes so I sure would like to keep it. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old November 19th, 2015, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

172 looks and not even a "Try this...". Worthless forum.
Old November 19th, 2015, 1:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

just bump your thread in the evening so people see it.

some problems are hard to solve over the net. There is a recall for melted harness connector from the resistor. Inspect the harness. if you think is a blockage in the heater box; have someone put a videoscope in there.
Old December 8th, 2015, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response and I was not aware of any resistor recall on the harness. Please tell me where this resistor is located so I can inspect thoroughly. Again, thank you for the response.