Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Nothing when u go to start

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2014, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothing when u go to start

Hi guys .

Looking for some help. 08 1500 5.3 4x4 z71 150km. Was out at daughter concert about mouth ago and came out to go home and nothing.. Lights and all kinds of power but turn key and ..... Not a click not a crank.. Had a friend boost me and bang fired right up.. Thought maybe battery was no good. So had it changed. Didn't worry.. 2weeks later Wife took truck to lake about 3 hrs away and truck did same thing.. Had it towed to dealership and tech come out next day and it fires right up. Says nothing wrong with your truck.Wife drives it home and took to our local dealer and he says positive battery cable was not tight enough problem solved. Well last night at daughter baseball game in the pouring rain... It does it again..I played with the key and treys starting it in neutral nothing. Wiggled keys for about 30 minutes and out of the blue bang it started...

I am thinking ignition ???
Any help would be great thanks
Craig
Old June 11th, 2014, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar problem w/ my 05 it ended up being the starter. It happened to me when the I drove for a while and the starter heated up. eventually it just stopped all together.