Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Overhead Console Wiring..?

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2007, 2:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overhead Console Wiring..?

*Attempting* to install an overhead console in an '02 extended cab 2500HD. It's the 4 door with the dome light fixated near the back, no switch. Got a fairly stock console, just the map lights, no face lighting or garage door opener, etc. Every install site I've seen have either featured a truck with rear map lights, a dome with a switch or a console or truck that has 3 wires...

I've got the orange and the black on the truck as well as the console. No nice plastic brackets to snap together (truck doesn't have one). I was wondering if I wire the orange console into the dome light and ground the black console wire on the roof, if that means the map lights will only come on with the dome, or if the trigger for the dome, being a reverse ground will still allow for independent operation. Basically, I just need to know where the constant power is, and if there is any way for the two to work independently.

Any ideas..?