Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power locks not strong enough on a 96

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks not strong enough on a 96

So, about a year ago my power locks started to seemingly lose a bit of power and I had no idea why. It wasn't the remote because it still tries to lock and unlock, so it's receiving the signal. But it just sounds like the actuator was too weak. I pulled it out and tested it, and it still shoots open and shut, no problem. I was thinking it had something to do with the rods inside the door but I'm not sure. If anyone has had this happen before or has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to sell the truck but it's not a great selling point to say that it HAS power locks that don't work. Thanks in advance!
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my 99 suburban. They still had power and would move just not enough power to unlock. It was odd to that they would work here and there. seem that they worked better when it was cool out with no sun. I replaced the actuators and the problem was taken care of. I also was thinking the rods but after checking them and making sure there where fine I knew I had to try somthing eles.