Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Pricing A New Silverado...Help?

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2008, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing A New Silverado...Help?

Good evening folks, I'm window shopping now for a 2008 Silverado. I need some help. I saw somewhere in the forum about pricing guides. I can't find it again though. I've looked at Yahoo and Edmunds but I know there has to be others. Others that are more helpful. The ones that give you invoice and option pricing. If I need to pay a fee then so be it.

I've bought new trucks in the past, both off the lot and ordered but I now want to be somewhat more educated when I walk on the lot. I know to stay out of the showroom till the deal is made, I'll bring an umbrella if need be. Once you enter the showroom....OH MY!

Thanks for your time and help. I'll be here soaking up all this valuable info.

Chas,
Taunton, Mass.
Old February 5th, 2008, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Pricing A New Silverado...Help?

OK - here is what I did and I really found it to work very well. Google "Consumer Reports Bottom Line Pricing" it's a division of consumer reports. Buy a $14 price guide for your vehicle. It will last 30 days and update on ALL incentives for your area and very detailed pricing.

Take the MSRP + Options = Total MSRP
Then find the Consumer Report BLP (or cost) for the base + Options. Once you find the cost of the vehicle you can then find a reasonable profit for the car. I gave 4.5% and 4% is the best. It also helps to find the vehicle you want on the chevy dealers website before you go in. Therefore you can have the details of what you want to pay. Let me know if this helps. I have this down to a science and helped my mom buy a toyota last night. Enjoy shopping...
Old February 5th, 2008, 8:16 PM
CF Active Member

This gives all options and wholesale and retail prices both new and used.

http://www.nada.com/
Old February 5th, 2008, 9:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Best advice I can give you when you get ready to purchase is do everything seperatly. They are gonna try and get you into the showroom and ask you what you wanna pay monthly, dont fall into that trap. First, if your gonna trade something in. Go to kelley blue books website and get your own price for trade in value. Walk in with a print out and tell them you know what its worth and you want that amount or real close to it. Then work the sticker price. Take the information that youve gotten from the previous posts and get an accurate price for the vehicle and options you want. Take that print out with you. Tell them if they want to sell you a vehicle, youll buy it for this price, youve done your homework, or youll go somewhere else.Once youve worked out a price thats favorable to you, then and only then, do you walk in to the showroom and talk about financing and downpayment. Their gonna do everything they can to get you to sit down without negotiating anything first and talk circles around you to get the "monthly payment" where you can afford it. They do that by not taking anything off the sticker price, try making you pay a bigger down payment, or extending your financing terms out to 5 or 6 years. Then its gonna take you forever to pay the principal down far enough where your not unbelievably upside down. Which is ok if your gonna keep it till its paid off AND you buy gap insurance. Never, Never,Never buy a new car without buying a "gap insurance" policy!Gap insurance saved my rear end to the tune of about $8,000.00 when I totalled a car I used to have.

Anyways I was just telling you this cause ive purchased several vehicles in the past including two Chevrolet's, and for some reason, Chevy was the worst buying experience Ive ever had with all the "rip off" tactics. Maybe it was just the dealerships in my area, IDK.

Good Luck!!
Old February 6th, 2008, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Alright then, I would say I'm off to a good start with the information you've provided.
Thank you for your time and effort.

Chas