Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio and cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2016, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and cruise control not working

About a year ago my radio started to not go out but the sound would go down and if I turned it all the way up I could hear what sounded like the old tin can and string phone we used as kids to play. Yes Im getting old. It would come and go every day or so. Since it has gotten to where it goes out for days. I also noticed that my blinker/door chime cannot be heard during this outage also. Now about 3-4 months ago my cruise control started to not work. I can turn the power on and it lights up but when I try to set it nothing happens. Sometimes it will start working again the same day and othertimes it doesnt work for days. I think it has something to do with wet or cold weather making it happen but cant nail it down. Has anyone heard of this?
Old January 15th, 2016, 1:38 PM
CF Veteran

try lifting the brake pedal with your foot and then setting the cruise control, if it works then theres a good chance you need a new brake switch which is very common, as far as your radio/audio noises without being there to play with it I don't know of anything to suggest.
Old January 15th, 2016, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you very much cleveland63b. I will give it a try this afternoon.
Old January 15th, 2016, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default You hit the nail

Cleveland63b, you were right, the minute I lifted that brake pedal a fraction the cruise set. I will try adjusting it tomorrow. Thank you again
Old January 17th, 2016, 7:57 PM
CF Veteran

depending on your vehicle most of them don't have an adjustment but don't cost much to get a new one, I would recommend using OE I've seen a lot of aftermarket switches fail within a few months