Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Drivers Side Running Light Help

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2013, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Drivers Side Running Light Help

Hello, new poster but long time occasional reader. I have a 2007 New Body Silverado 1500 LT. I started having a problem yesterday and can't find the solution yet. My rear drivers side running lights do not work. I still get brake, turn signal and reverse lights out of that assembly, but get nothing for running lights. All lights and functions on all of the other lights both front and back work fine, it is just the running lights for the rear drivers side that I do not have. I have checked the drivers side fuse box and pulled all the fuses that I thought might affect them, but didn't see any bad ones. I also looked through my service manual for fuses in other locations that might affect it. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> krzcooter,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. This may be an electrical issue. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis and additional assistance.

If you need assistance locating a technician in you area, please PM your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 22nd, 2013, 6:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Swap bulbs from right to left and see if the left (driver side) now works and the right does not work.
Fuse 27 controls front and rear park (clearance) lamps so if front is working; it's not the fuse.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

I got it working, thanks. It was the connector at the rear junction box. I got a Reese Bowtie LED logo light that I am going to mount on my tailgate where the stock Bowtie emblem goes. I disconnected the connectors from the junction box while I was testing to make sure that the yellow wire on the drivers side and the dk. green wire on the passenger side were the right ones for stop/turn. The brown running light wire on the drivers side must have loosened slightly while I was either disconnecting or reconnecting the connector. I got it working now and some time this weekend I am gonna install that Logo Light and also probably flush my cooling system. That Logo Light looks pretty cool. It is almost the exact same size as my stock emblem on the tailgate, only slightly thicker. When the lights are off it looks almost exactly the same as the stock one, with the gold face on the bowtie. When you have your running lights on it glows red and when you use the brakes it glows bright red. Anything better than the fishing line trick for removing the old emblem. I still have to remove the old one and drill a hole in the tailgate for the wires and then splice into the truck lights. In the past to remove emblems I used fishing line to remove it and goo-b-gone to get rid of any remaining adhesive. Anything better?