Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear lights not working! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2015, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear lights not working! Help!!!

My brake lights, rear running lights, and reverse lights don't work. My 3rd brake light works. My turn signals do work. When I press the brakes while the turn signals are on, the signals speed up. My hazards work. We just put the bed back on from repairing the brake lines. My ground is good and everything is plugged in correctly. Any idea? 1998 Silverado. I hope this isn't a repeat question. If it is then I'm sorry.
Old December 4th, 2015, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default No rear lights

Did you try changing the bulbs or put bulb grease in ?
Old December 4th, 2015, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

I haven't yet. I will check that and fuses when I get home. I think the bulbs will be a good bet. When we put the bed back on it could have jarred a bulb. Thanks.
Old December 4th, 2015, 1:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Back to basics. Have you checked all fuses? Next up, check all light bulbs with a continuity tester to make sure the filaments did not get jarred and broken while you were working on the bed. (I doubt this is it, because highly unlikely so many would go out at once).

My guess is that somehow, the wiring from the front of the truck to the rear has been damaged or a connection has been lost during the bed replacement. Only getting under the vehicle and checking it methodically will you find out what, if anything, is wrong with the wiring.