Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Remote Start 2002 Silverado ?

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2010, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Start 2002 Silverado ?

My wife has a 2002 Chevy Silverado with every bell and whistle you could buy in 2002. She leaves early in the mornings and I would love to add remote start so her truck will be warm when she leaves. I want to add a remote start that will work with the factory key fobs. Any one know of a add on I could use?

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
dadsmetal (August 5th, 2021)
Old December 11th, 2010, 6:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A very good friend of mine has a 2002 4x4 Silverado (he bought it new) and had the remote start feature added to it. He has a key fob (not sure if it is the OEM one, though) that enables it to be started with the doors still locked; which is a great feature in some neighborhoods.

He hired a professional to do it, and it cost him about three hundred dollars or so.

I have a 2004 Silverado that I purchased used......but don't intend to add a remote starter to it. Check with Best Buy, HH Gregg or some other electronics retailer in your market - and perhaps they can do it or recommend a shop that can handle it if they cannot. Oh, be sure that your truck has auto-shift. I am not sure if you can hook up something like that on a stick-shift vehicle (clutch interlock might not allow it).

Good luck!!
Old December 11th, 2010, 7:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any aftermarket automotive installer can do this. I am not positive they can use the OEM fog, but I am pretty sure they can. A place locally called FX Motorsports advertizes it all the time here on the radio.

Also, it can be done on a stick shift. They have to add a part that grounds out the clutch safety switch when the button is pressed, but it is possible.