Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2013, 5:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

I'm new here so patience please.

I purchased a 2013 Siverado 2500 HD with the Duramax in September. When I use the remote start, the defroster or heater does not start until I get into the truck and turn on the key. The manual says they are suppose to start with the truck, and every vehicle I've had with remote start has the heater running when it starts. Is there a programming error?
Old November 14th, 2013, 8:17 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

kevin99,

When you mention the heater, are you referring to your climate control? On page 2-4 of the owners manual it states:

The climate control system will default to a heating or cooling mode depending on the outside temperatures. If the vehicle does not have an automatic climate control system, the system will turn on at the setting the vehicle was set to when the vehicle was last turned off.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 15th, 2013, 3:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
kevin99,

When you mention the heater, are you referring to your climate control? On page 2-4 of the owners manual it states:

The climate control system will default to a heating or cooling mode depending on the outside temperatures. If the vehicle does not have an automatic climate control system, the system will turn on at the setting the vehicle was set to when the vehicle was last turned off.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
No, just the standard heater/defroster. Nothing on the dash is on when I get into the truck after using the remote start. The heater/defroster does not come on until I put the key in the ignition, even though it is set to when I shut the truck off.
Old November 15th, 2013, 8:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

kevin99,

Just to confirm, you are speaking of the factory remote start, correct? If it is the factory remote start and you are leaving the controls on, I would like for you to have your Chevrolet dealership look into this for you. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care