Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Repair help please....

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2014, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair help please....

I own a 1990 Chevy Silverado. Need to know how to remove door panels so I can repair door handle. Having trouble finding instructional videos. Am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction or post a link. Thanks so much everyone.
Old August 25th, 2014, 6:00 PM
CF Active Member

Door panels are pretty universal. Find a screw and remove it, look for more. there is usually three to four screws in various places. Most notable ones are in handles. Once you think you have all the screws out a flat head screw driver at the bottom of the door to pry it loose then simply carefully pull it off. Yeah some pins may break if you are careless but they are cheap. If the door hangs in the middle somewhere look for a hidden screw where it is hanging. Once completely free of the inner door, simply lift it out of the window track and set it aside.

If you have manual crank windows you'll need a C-clip spreader to remove the clip holding the crank on and remove the crank handle.
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Ronin1014. Appreciate the heads up on the C-clip as I do have manual crank windows. Hopefully will get it fixed this weekend.
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:16 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by okiepickupgal
Thanks Ronin1014. Appreciate the heads up on the C-clip as I do have manual crank windows. Hopefully will get it fixed this weekend.
Yeah, they can be tricky little buggers. I remember back when I first started I broke a handful of window cranks because I didn't know about that, after that I started using a flathead screwdriver to pop the C-clips off but lost probably one in every five, picked up the C-clip spreader and they are a little trickier to use and get the clip off but they don't go ping in random directions so I don't loose nearly as many. In fact I think it's been close to ten years now since I have lost one.