Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

rough country Lift good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2009, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

Thanks for all the input! i think I'm just going to go with a rough country 2" level kit for now... its really all i need for now... that and wedding rings are not Cheap... so i guess maybe in a year or so I'll get something bigger...

Rivereye,
you know that feeling a kid has when he is in a candy store? well that's the feeling i had... and then you know the feeling a kid get when his mom tells him "No Candy till you eat all your greens!" well that's the feeling a had when i saw what you had to say... but i will say thank you for at least letting me know what its really going to cost..
Old February 1st, 2009, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey OMalley291,
I'm not trying to wiz in your wheaties, it's just real easy to get in over your head almost without realizing it. If you need it and use it, though, there's nothing like it.

It can also be a lot of fun.
Old February 10th, 2009, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Hey cam im interested in the spindles if ya still got them.
Old February 10th, 2009, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Dont have a rough country but i do have a 4 inch superlift and im pretty happy with it as far as performance goes. for just the lift it was 1835$ the only thing i have to regret is i thought it was going to be a lot higher than what it is. But for what it is i love it. Might do a 2 inch body lift eventually. just my 2 cents. if you dont want a huge lift but good performance, go with 4. but if you want a big lift get 35s and a 6 inch lift like some of the other guys said.

Travis
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:33 AM
CF Junior Member

I have also heard bad things about the RC kit for the GMT900 trucks. The balljoints dont snug up so you may have to drill into your streering knuckle. Not something I would want to do for 3" of lift. Sounds like you already went with the leveling kit which will give you some hieght and allow up to a 33" tire with minimal trimming, if any.
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:43 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have the spindles. its a 2 inch lift. ball joint spacer rear lift blocks and stiffer and slightly taller springs up front. and all hardware. if anyone knows who wants a 2wd lift for a 88-98 silverado, blazer or suburban, let me know this thing is hard as hell to sell. but sadly im still thinking about lifting it. maybe...
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default not that good

Well I was just looking up rough country's web site when this forum popped up. I have a 2008 GMC 1500 4X4 which I only drive on the hwy. I put a rough country 3" lift in last fall or should I say Kal Tire installed it for me no chance it was installed wrong. Anyway I bought new Yokohama geolander at the same time so the alignment would be for those tires. Only put 285 on the truck which by the way still rubbed. I have since put 12,800 KMs on the truck and now the upper wheel bearing and control arm are gone. This is part of the kit so here I go to see if I can get warranty. After speaking with the dealer I bought it from looks like NO. So you be the judge by the way im 54 and my offroading days are now done with a quad.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 9:16 PM
CF Junior Member

all depends on what you want to do with your truck. rough country is the cheapest and the lowest of the low when it comes to lifts for any vehicle, there specifically for people who have straight wheeling trucks because when they break there very cheap and very easy to replace. if your doing the lift for looks and only plan on driving it on the road this is the last kit id put on a daily driver truck. so if you are serious into wheeling and dont care about parts breaking and replacing them often then this will be a good fit for you, if you want to wheel but dont want parts to break go with my pro comp, skyjacker. if your going for looks stick with pro comp and skyjacker too. i know a few kids who have the rough country lift in there straight wheeling jeeps and trucks and have nothing but problems and broken parts, but they also spent next to nothing for the lift and they love fixing there own vehicles so it all worked out. all depends on what you are looking to do.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 9:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the rough country on my 01 that I wheel every now and then pretty hardcore. Haven't broke anything. The material is very thick, 1/4" on every surface and thicker in some spots. Wouldn't hesitate to put it on again. Install was stupid easy
Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hey guys I have my 2000 z71 suburban with 315 70 17s

Hey guys I have my suburban on a regular 3in full lift on 35s and am running pretty good but I was wondering because I want to put a 3 body lift on it too so if any one can help out here of what should I get?

Quick Reply: rough country Lift good or bad?