Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seatbelt chime won't stop

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2015, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seatbelt chime won't stop

hello everyone,
My mother in law decided to give us her 1994 1500 W/T. She has a battery tender installed because the batter will die after 2 days of not running the truck. I set out to determine what was draining the battery and discovered that something is pulling around 6 amps with the ignition off. I started pulling fuses to see which circuit was draining the battery. I never saw the amps drop, however when I pulled and re-installed the park-lps fuse the seatbelt alarm began to chime and would not stop. The ignition is off, doors are closed and key is out of the ignition, the chime still sounds. After starting the engine it finally stops, but begins again when the engine is turned off. With my apparent limited knowledge of electrical systems I have 2 questions: 1) What the hell did I do? 2) how do I recover? Thanks in advance.
Old October 13th, 2015, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind, I figured it out. The parking light switch was pushed in just enough to activate the alarm, but not enough to be readily apparent. I guess I bumped it.