Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

???? Security Alarm Code

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2007, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???? Security Alarm Code

Random question but my truck is currently sitting at a transmission shop because I had to get a new tranny (yes ouch) and they called e and asked me if I had a security system on my truck which doesn't allow the truck to start. I said no nothing on the truck except for the stock alarm system that all vehicles come with these days and they said that after installing the new tranny they went to start the truck and the key turns over and clicking but nothing ese. They said all they did was disconnect the battery and reconnect itafter finished with thetranny. I talked to them this morning and they said they scanned it forcodes and they get a security alarm code or somehting like that, I told them to call the dealership to ask what they should do. Any suggestions what theproblem could be? I have a 1999 chevy 1500 4.8L 4x4 new body style. Thanks.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ???? Security Alarm Code

You'll probably have to call the dealership yourself and show proof that you own the truck.I've had to do that with radios before on newer cars.