Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

silverado ABS/Parking br lights

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2005, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silverado ABS/Parking br lights

My 2001 has started showing the amber ABS light along w/ the red Parking brake light during eng start-up, lights remain on afterward. Used to be able to reset by restarting eng but now the lights remain on after start almost all the time. Seems to work alright when the weather is cool in the mornings. Any ideas, normal braking seems fine.</P>

add: diesel eng</P><edited><editID>davids_az</editID><editDate>38572.5178472222</editDate></edited>
Old December 31st, 2005, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: silverado ABS/Parking br lights

Newbie here with 1st post. I'm having the exact same problem on my 2001 Silverado. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, First time here also, I have a 2001 Silverado as well with the same problem, including temperature dependant. One morning I drove about 100 miles with the temperature saying it was about 50 degrees outside and everything was fine. Later that day it was 62 degrees and both lights came on within 10 miles. I work nights and the same situation, as far asthe temp. goes. I have tried some of the more common problems like the front wheelsensors ( Pulling them out, cleaning &amp; inspecting ). The body grounds under the drivers door to the frame ( Cleaned down to metal and tightened ). I scanned the Truck with Snap-On scanner and it read C0265 EBCM Relay Circuit. I was hoping that if it was truly the Module it would show that and not be dependant on weather or temperature. I don't want to spend 500 to 1,000 dollars to find out it was not that. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

My 1999 is doing the same thing! I cleaned the ground but made no difference. Need Help!
Old January 4th, 2008, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

did u guys check the circuits on that relay?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 2:15 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by davids_az
My 2001 has started showing the amber ABS light along w/ the red Parking brake light during eng start-up, lights remain on afterward. Used to be able to reset by restarting eng but now the lights remain on after start almost all the time. Seems to work alright when the weather is cool in the mornings. Any ideas, normal braking seems fine.

add: diesel eng
<EDITED><EDITID>davids_az</EDITID><EDITDATE>38572.5178472222</EDITDATE></EDITED>
did you ever get the lights fixed cause I'm having the same problem and I don't want to take it to a dealer to get them fixed
Old May 22nd, 2010, 4:35 PM
CF Junior Member

My 01 Silverado has the same problem. In the begining it was just intermitent but now happening alot, have not checked to see if there is any connection with outside temps. I read here to clean sensors or replace but have not done so. Sounds like cleaning may be a waste of time.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

have you guys checked the break fluid i know this seems obvious but you never know I had a ford when the abs light came on the brake fluid was low just fyi and temp thing can be the fluid heating up and then expanding and the light will go off cause u have enough fluid so it thinks
Old October 28th, 2010, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

ABS sensors and temp dependent becasue they are electronical..... remeber driving increases temperature, 10 degrees difference of air temp when weather is cool instead of warm while driving might change the temp range almost 90 degrees at the sensor on a wheel.......... you have at least one bad ABS sensor on the front wheels.... or possibly a bad wheel bearing assembly........ the temp ranges are 850 to 1230 Ohms resistence at an ambient temp of 41 - 90 degrees farenheit....... you can chek with a multi meter.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default ABS/Brake lights on

over years of usage, i believe the plastic connectors to the ABS sensors expand and contract so many times, they lose their tightness. i replaced the vehicle wheel sensor first. while this helped somewhat, what really turned the lights off for good was a little di-electric grease applied b/n the male and female abs connection on the front passenger side. together, both jobs took a total 30 minutes.

Quick Reply: silverado ABS/Parking br lights