Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

spray on bedliner vs roll on bedliner

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post spray on bedliner

spray on bedliner is best.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; September 17th, 2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: link disabled
Old September 15th, 2009, 5:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jrider
spray on bedliner is best.
Yeah, that's like saying a bayonette is the best cutting tool for all jobs.

Roll-ons have their place, as do drop ins.

Just saying "This is the best." without listing any attractive features is hardly a convincing argument.

Don't get me wrong I personally use a spray-on liner, done by a shop. And it's great for what I do. Apparently it's also popular for many.

But given the right circumstances, I wouldn't hesitate to use a drop-in or a roll-on.

I'm beginning to think some posters here are using this forum for shameless advertising of favorite brand name products on a repetitive basis. It seems the same thread subject appears every couple of weeks, and the same repeated claims for a specific brand name keep getting mercilessly repeated.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; September 17th, 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: link in quote disabled
Old September 16th, 2009, 5:28 AM
CF Junior Member

I am very seriously considering going with the roll in due to I don't throw stuff in the bed. I just need something to protect finish and prevent sliding around when I put camping containers in the bed. I wouldn't consider if I abused bed by throwing heavy or sharp items in it.
Old September 16th, 2009, 9:56 AM
Super Moderator

Roll-ons are also handy if you've got a steady hand, for putting down a fresh-clean new finish. They're stackable, so you can do one right over top of an old dirty one.
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

Originally Posted by rivereye
Roll-ons are also handy if you've got a steady hand, for putting down a fresh-clean new finish. They're stackable, so you can do one right over top of an old dirty one.
Roll on bedliner quality
1 Not durable
2 Not UV protected
3 Colour fade and peeled problem
4 Not warranty
etc.etc...........
now choose according to your mind.
I have spray on bedliner and I am fully satisfied

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; September 17th, 2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Link disabled
Old September 18th, 2009, 1:35 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I'M fully satisfied with my spray-in, too.

What happened to you, jrider, ?

Lets see, you got a roll-on for cheap, fully expecting it to have the appearance and quality of a professional spray-in. Then you didn't prep the bed as per the instructions, and now you're angry because the cheap roll-on didn't meet your lofty expectations?

Roll-ons aren't designed to be as durable as spray-ons. They're a cheap alternative for those who don't want to commit to the expense of a tougher liner. Get over it.
Old September 29th, 2009, 4:49 AM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

I have a spray in bed liner (Qwikliner), and have been very happy with it,Spray in.......... very nice, durable, doesn't fade, good looks, you can actually dump a load of rip-raff on it.

Roll in.......... looks ok, fades yearly, is a PITA when half of it peals and flakes and you have to remove it to get a spray in.<o></o></pre>
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Have had Line-X do both of my trucks. Both worked just as well 10 years later. It fades slightly after the years, but you can't beat the quality. You get wat you pay for.
Old September 29th, 2009, 3:54 PM
Super Moderator

Question

At a fraction of the cost of spray-ins, I don't think anybody can reasonably expect to compare roll-ons for quality or durability.
Old October 6th, 2009, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Garon
Have had Line-X do both of my trucks. Both worked just as well 10 years later. It fades slightly after the years, but you can't beat the quality. You get wat you pay for.
Yeah i agree with this. Line-x is a good choice for those who want a bed liners that last. It still looks good on my truck and does not chip or fade yet.

Last edited by mikeross; October 6th, 2009 at 9:43 PM.

Quick Reply: spray on bedliner vs roll on bedliner