Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

starting problem

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2006, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problem

hi all just a quick question i have a 2000 silverado and my problem is this when i turn the truck over it doesnt start one first try even on second try sometimes ? it does always start up just takes a few tries any suggestions?
Old August 1st, 2006, 4:04 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: starting problem

I would first start off by checking your fuel pressure at the fuelrail.
Old August 1st, 2006, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

thx alot man after i wrote the post i realized someone else had almost same post felt like an ***...lol but i will check that i guess i have to have a book to check that huh
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

I had the other post on this. Check your pressure regulator on the driverside on the fuel rail. pull the vacume line off of it and check to see if there is fuel there if there is that is the problem. The part cost $80 from Napa and all of 10minutes of your time. hope this helps.
Old September 26th, 2006, 4:08 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, just found this site, and I'm having a similar problem with my 98 Silverado, 5.7 350 It all of a sudden started to act up, when I go to start the truck. It takes a couple cranks to start, I have found that if I put the key in the run position and listen for the fuel pump to "prime" then the truck starts fine. The truck runs great after it has started and running. When the truck sits for a short period of time it starts fine, but if over night same issue. Do you have any more info on the pressure regulator? does it act lik a check valve? to keep fuel at the throttel body? thanks in advance.