Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stuff to make my truck go faster ...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pacesetter longtube headers are a good bang for the buck...look em up on autoanything.com, put a x-pipe on your straights to balance the pressures out, do you have 3:73 gearin now? or 3:42? electric fans out of a 05-06 silverado, this needs the bigger radiator to do so(34") i've got em and they help out more than you think, throttle body spacer is a waste of money, a vette servo is a vette servo lol there's others that are billets and superiors but a vette servo is plenty for the 4L60e, blackbear traditional tune is like 200 i believe, and yes no transpack. If you want to beef up the tranny then get the vette servo and a shift kit, HD2 transgo is what i see a lot of people runnin

link for the vette servo
4L60E 700R4 4L80E 4R100 E4OD 2004R C6 TH350 TH400 Transmission Parts: Corvette Servo kit for the 700-R4, 4L60E, 4L65E Transmissions

link for the longtube headers
2001 Chevy Silverado PaceSetter Long Tube Headers, PaceSetter Quiktrip Longtube Headers

link to blackbearperformance website pricin
Black Bear Performance :: Custom Tuning Solutions for 96 and newer GM Vehicles
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:51 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can try autoanything.com they have a lot of products for all types of vehicles for cheap prices and they have promo codes and free shipping they should have some headers for your truck i storngly recommend pacesetter there cheap and work great its around 400 for a set of long tubes for my truck

when were talking about the throttle body were not talking about spacers there crap were talking about the throttle body its self get a new bigger one like 85mm or bigger

the black bear tune cost around 200 but its the best u can spend best to do this last so you can put all your mods tuned together and it will scream

4:10 gears are good for bigger tires im not sure how much get up and go it will do for you

if your useing your truck to race like you say you do then id say rebuild that motor cam it and put new heads and bore it out it will scream and no one will touch you

you might need to do some trans mods bc when having more power you need to do it all for it all to work right

now that im thinking about it you could always run some nitrous
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chesterz71;203
[URL="https://chevroletforum.com/forum/members/mille-racer-69-38051/"
Mille Racer URL]

2.i heard from plenty of people tht throttle body spacers do nothing at all
No no no no no
Not throttle body spacers, larger throttle bodies.
I do not know how big your throttle bodies are, lets say 75mm
But that's just a total guess, enlarge them to say... IDK, 80mm.
Outing on larger throttle bodies should make a noticeable difference.
Especially if you put on a big bore kit and go from 5.7 to say a 6.0
Larger t/b would make a nice addition.
Old January 19th, 2012, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

@ mille racer and CpB200.... yea i get everything i possibly can get from autoanything...
and no , no nitrous lol i dnt wanna go tht fast.... ..
I found a throttle body on autoanything BBK power plus 80 & 85 which one to get they both say 7-10 hp so go with the cheaper one?

@Country_09---
1.im not even sure about my gears... and i thought transpak was like an upgrade of the shift kit????
so i should get the servo nd a 1.shift improver 2.hd2 transgo 3. transpack

2.i looked at the pacesetter tubes and i see black = $275 and chrome $430 ....itd look way better chrome but im
the only one really seein whats under my hood so mise well get black right?

3. Can i stack the blackbear and bullydog??

Last edited by chesterz71; January 19th, 2012 at 8:10 PM.
Old January 19th, 2012, 7:48 PM
Super Moderator

Don't buy a new throttle body, just port your stock one. Same thing, same gains in power
Old January 19th, 2012, 9:41 PM
CF Active Member

lol i kinda thought you would say that about no2
the bigger the the throttle body the more air you let in more power but also more gas burned but you can port the stock one and will work the same
the peace setter headers get the "chrome" ones even though they are more expensive and are shiny(im not a fan of chrome) its a special coat thats good for high heat and last a long time never sell yourself short to get the best of a product
also i dont think you can stack them and you probably wouldnt want to do that anyway the tune is amazing from what everyone and friends tell me they tie all your mods together and is customed tuned for what you wana do with your truck but you could always use the bully dog as an extra gadge cluster to moniter your truck
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

1.Ok i didnt no what porting it meant so i looked it up nd tht seems hard for me to do....do mechanic shops do this or no

2.now with the pacesetters i am a fan of chrome but when it comes to something tht nobody will see ..but me nd maybe a few friends (unlike out in the public) it doesnt matter what it looks like and thts almost a $200 difference ........so why not get black??? and since this thread consist of expensive stuff every dollar counts so why not get the black cpb?????

3.Oh yea i been meaning to ask you this Country if the blackbear is 200 and better...then why is my bullydog brand new $600 and not as good!!

4.Country_09--- im not even sure about my gears (idk what i have)... and i thought transpak was like an upgrade of the shift kit???? so i should get the 1.shift improver 2.hd2 transgo 3. transpack
What would you do if you was me servo of course and which one of the 3
and would the local transmission shop have to do the servo nd shift kit installation

Last edited by chesterz71; January 20th, 2012 at 3:40 AM. Reason: just to
Old January 20th, 2012, 2:48 AM
CF Active Member

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM%20Performan...0002/-1?CT=999

in all seriousness though if you get headers make sure they are ceramic coated.
Old January 20th, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Active Member

im sure a machine shop could do it its not to hard
and what i was saying about the different coat on the headers yes we want everything as cheap as possible but when it comes to picking a product that is cheap and last then its necessary to spend a little extra
that chrome look is actually a special coat as compared to the black the chrome looking ones will last longer and hold up better to high heat and if you compare peacesetter to any other long tubes they are way more expensive you might be paying around 600 for a basic set without the ceramic coat
but this is just my suggestion if you want to buy the black one you can they just wont hold up as well as the others will i understand why put something shinny were no one looks but its more than that

o and the black bear is better than the plug in because its a custom tune most of the plug ins are one size fits all and it doesn't allow you to fine tune as well as a custom tune will basically when u send the info to black bear you can tell them your mods and what you do with your truck and they will fine tune it to be exactly what you need then they send it to you plug it in download the only thing that the plug in ones do is maybe be able to ajust speed Gage for bigger tires take the govener off and some other things not much the blackbear does all this and fine tunes your engine and all its mods to make it all work together
Old January 20th, 2012, 9:54 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah a mechanic shop should be able to port your throttle body, it's really not that hard. The only thing with the black painted pacesetters is that within 10 minutes of havin em on, they're not black anymore. Paint comes right off, but there's nothin wrong with em if you don't live in a salted area. If you live where they salt the roads get the armor coat, if not get the black and live with it lol. And as said, bulldog is a generic tune hunk of crap paper weight. Blackbear will do a custom tune to the way you drive and get every little thing in detail. I'm sure if you have a 01 1500 z71 you've got 3:73s which is great for up to a 33x11" tire so you should be good there. Honestly, I'd do exactly what I've got. The hd2 transgo shift kit and the vette servo. It's plenty for the 4L60e if your not doin major mods to the engine like cam and heads. An a local teanny shop can put those in easy

Quick Reply: Stuff to make my truck go faster ...suggestions?