Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

the toughest truck ever made lol

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2011, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the toughest truck ever made lol

Hey guys,
I have a 79 chevy scottsdale. My dad bought it brand new in 79. One of my first memories was setting on my dad's lap steering it. lol Anyway Just wanted to share this with you when i was about 12 my dad gave it to me, and i let it set for 12 years. Well about 6 months ago i decided i wanted a truck, so i started looking around for one. I couldn't find one that was cheap enough, so i decided why buy one when i have one setting at home. So i started restoring it. This truck hadn't been started in twelve years, not even moved in that time. so I put a new battery on it, pumped up the tires, put fresh gas in it, and prayed lol. I cranked it and to my surprise it fired right over. It spit and sputter for a few minutes then ran like a dream. I was so shocked that that old truck could set for that long, and still fire over. Anyway any of you guys ever have anything like that happen with you?
Old May 12th, 2011, 7:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey post some pics of the truck it will be nice to see what you are talking about!
Old May 12th, 2011, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

i will if you tell me how lmao
Old May 13th, 2011, 12:20 AM
CF Active Member

well this is how I do it, take them with a digital camera, send them to your computer, upload them to photobucket, then when you are replying to a thread open photobucket in another tab, go in there and mouse over the picture you want to post, a drop down list will appear, click on the bottom option img code and the [img] will change to "copied" then go to the post you are working on and right click, then click on paste and your pic will appear as a bunch of letters and numbers but when you click on post quick reply it will automatically change from that to the image, is easy
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
CF Senior Member

I had a 79 that was one of the best trucks I ever owned. What was amazing about it was its pulling ability,i have pulled vehicles out of the ditch while sitting on ice.My Brother in law had a Ford diesel and when pulling RVs I could pass him like he was sitting still.Spend the required money on it you wont be disapointed.
Old May 13th, 2011, 6:12 PM
Rez
CF Junior Member

cool story, thanks for sharing.
Old May 13th, 2011, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

thanks guys its a work in progress lol at the moment but she's coming along. I'm so excited about getting it done lmao the first two pics are before i started, looked pretty rough, and the last ones are after i had done some work to it. If your wondering whats going on over the rear fender my brother-in-law in all of his infinite idiocy, decided to pack rust holes full of bondo. So now i have to grind all that crap out lol

Name:  truck14.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  truck9.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  truck1.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  truck44.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  23.6 KB

feel free to tell me what you think, and if it looks like i'm doing something wrong please let me know.