Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Truck vs. Car.

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2009, 1:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck vs. Car.

I've owned many vehicles over the years, and it's only been recently (last year) that I purchased a pickup truck as something cheap to drive and work on/mod.

OMFG, I know I've said this before on TF.com, but I can't ever see myself buying another 'car'. The simple reason behind this is, I see no use for them. Trucks and SUVS dominate the marketplace as the most versatile vehicles to own. I couldn't imagine owning my house without having a pickup truck. It's just insanely useful, both for household chores, carrying crap around, picking crap up at Lowes.

It combines my appreciation for safety, with my inner gearhead. The engine is easy to work on, learn from, and maintain. I have every intention of keeping this damn thing around for a long time.

If lightning struck me in the head, and I ever decided to buy a 'car', about the only ones I'd get or be interested in would be some kind of sports car, like a Corvette, or some huge cruiser like a Chrysler 300C. You can't go wrong with comfort, style, class, and 400hp.

Who's with me?
Old February 1st, 2009, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

i totally agree with you, im still young but i dont think i could live without a pickup. i use it for work and play and its reliable
Old February 1st, 2009, 4:18 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I'll take a truck, El Camino, or late 70's trans am. Thats all of my choices and I chose the former
Old February 1st, 2009, 7:45 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to do this, but I must join the jury on this. Indeed, for my 6'5'' frame, ain't nothing better. Same goes for 1 acre lot with lots of chores to do for it. I even used it as a podium to trim my hedge, he-he. And he just(can't really call a truck a "she") proved himself to be way safe last spring, when a moron decided to run stop sign right into my pass side.
Now, this was said for a FUULSIZE TRUCK in general, not for GM product. As after yrs of owning various Japanese cars, GM is just beyond any critique on quality and relaibility. So far, I can't even switch to Tundra, as they don't make them in Japan.
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

ukrkoz, I'm in the same boat as you. I can't fit in a little car. I'm 6'6" with a size 15 shoe. I need headroom and a big gap between brake and gas. The Camaro my Dad and I own is barely big enough.

The Blazer was my first car and I didn't get a choice, but were it my choice I would definatley have had a truck. Now that I have owned the Blazer for 4 years and have given it my personal touch, it has grown on me. Like a first time dad wanting a baby boy, but gets a girl instead.

Last edited by EvansBlue; February 1st, 2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old February 1st, 2009, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have to admit to being somewhat of a fatass, and at 6'2" I'm in the "Comfortable ride" category, as well as having need for something more utilitarian than a car. I like being higher up and having a better view. I've also decided many years ago, after realizing the cost was the same, that my first pickup was permanently the end of my car ownership.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 1:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

im 19. my work rarely needs me to use my truck. but the only thing id get besides a chevy truck, is a vette or el camino or anything that fits a big block chevy in. im chevy for life. and as for comfort. OH MAH GUD! when i first got my truck i used to fall asleep in the seat. my dads got the same truck as me. i was always sleeping in the truck. hard core ford friends of mine compliment me on how chevy wins big time with leg room because honestly, lotta big guys drive these trucks. and i cast my vote... trucks for the win! plus. as its said. got a 6 foot bed that never needs to be made