Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

True or false. ..

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pat pennstate
when my check engine light came I had all codes failure?? A friend of mine took out fuse box and found Mice had chewed all the wire coating off off creating a short, he said it was common in chevy gm trucks
You're saying that GM has an issue with mice getting in their trucks? You're reaching too hard with this vendetta you have with GM.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 5:32 AM
CF Beginner

On my 02 Silverado the fuse box is located in the engine compartment yes mice did get in and chewed all coating off wires causing a short. I have no vendetta out for gm all post of mine are facts. Yes I saw the damage that mice did.truck is stored outside well kept.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Question

Originally Posted by adam86107
You're saying that GM has an issue with mice getting in their trucks? You're reaching too hard with this vendetta you have with GM.
Reaching to hard wow , No just hard facts I couldn't believe it when the Chevy dealer told me I said show me and they did every wire coating chewed off,. The wires shorted. All confirmed BY GM. I thought this forum was to help people with there past and present experience'. No vendetta No reach here hard cold facts. Yes I even seen mice get up into the blower housing of our Honda hatchback the mechanic pulled a mice nest out of it. The Silverado truck of mine has a fuse box in the engine compartment and a fuse panel inside. I should have specified which one it was. also the GM dealer said this is a common problem.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the cel was on in my 2001 silverado 4.8 nephew is inspection tech he reset the light then i had to drive it about 30 miles after reset and it passed inspectioni
Old January 22nd, 2014, 9:26 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by pat pennstate
Reaching to hard wow , No just hard facts I couldn't believe it when the Chevy dealer told me I said show me and they did every wire coating chewed off,. The wires shorted. All confirmed BY GM. I thought this forum was to help people with there past and present experience'. No vendetta No reach here hard cold facts. Yes I even seen mice get up into the blower housing of our Honda hatchback the mechanic pulled a mice nest out of it. The Silverado truck of mine has a fuse box in the engine compartment and a fuse panel inside. I should have specified which one it was. also the GM dealer said this is a common problem.
I know mice get into vehicles I had a brand new Toyota 4 runner that had a mouse in it because I parked it in a field with high grass for a long time. But it wasn't Toyota's fault it was mine. You specifically said mice got in your truck and it is an issue with gm trucks.

Last edited by adam86107; January 23rd, 2014 at 1:25 AM. Reason: Typo