Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

USB Port issues?

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2014, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB Port issues?

I bought a 2011 Chevy Silverado from Jim Trenary chevrolet in Ofallon Mo I also purchased an extended warrenty the truck has about 50,000 miles on it so it is inside of this warranty. The last couple weeks I my IPOD that is connected to the USB port in my center console has been cutting out my radio reads searching for USB device. Now my radio will not connect to my IPOD at all the radio reads connecting to USB device. I called Jim Trenary's service department but they will not tell me if its covered by my warranty and they will charge me $100 for diagnosing the problem if it is not covered. So I tried to set up a appointment sometime after 3pm but they keep telling me they dont do evening appointments the website says the service department is open til 6pm. They want me to drop off my truck but I need my truck daily. Jim Trenary Chevy has terrible service if they feel they cant make a buck they don't want anything to do with you. I had free oil change and tire rotations I would set up a appointment and it would still take at least 2 hours. If anybody has any tips on how to fix my issues with my USB port I would appreciate them.
Old July 1st, 2014, 9:23 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi PAT92B,

We are sorry to hear of this concern and for the difficulties with the dealership! If you would like to contact our Infotainment team, they can be reached at 855-478-7767. The hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST, and they are open seven days a week. If they still suggest a dealership visit, we would be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf to assist with scheduling. You are welcome to send us a private message at any time. Thanks!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by PAT92B
I bought a 2011 Chevy Silverado from Jim Trenary chevrolet in Ofallon Mo I also purchased an extended warrenty the truck has about 50,000 miles on it so it is inside of this warranty. The last couple weeks I my IPOD that is connected to the USB port in my center console has been cutting out my radio reads searching for USB device. Now my radio will not connect to my IPOD at all the radio reads connecting to USB device. I called Jim Trenary's service department but they will not tell me if its covered by my warranty and they will charge me $100 for diagnosing the problem if it is not covered. So I tried to set up a appointment sometime after 3pm but they keep telling me they dont do evening appointments the website says the service department is open til 6pm. They want me to drop off my truck but I need my truck daily. Jim Trenary Chevy has terrible service if they feel they cant make a buck they don't want anything to do with you. I had free oil change and tire rotations I would set up a appointment and it would still take at least 2 hours. If anybody has any tips on how to fix my issues with my USB port I would appreciate them.
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (December 16th, 2019)
Old December 13th, 2019, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB port not working

I bought a 2011 Chevy Silverado from Jim Trenary chevrolet in Ofallon Mo I also purchased an extended warrenty the truck has about 50,000 miles on it so it is inside of this warranty. The last couple weeks I my IPOD that is connected to the USB port in my center console has been cutting out my radio reads searching for USB device. Now my radio will not connect to my IPOD at all the radio reads connecting to USB device. I called Jim Trenary's service department but they will not tell me if its covered by my warranty and they will charge me $100 for diagnosing the problem if it is not covered. So I tried to set up a appointment sometime after 3pm but they keep telling me they dont do evening appointments the website says the service department is open til 6pm. They want me to drop off my truck but I need my truck daily. Jim Trenary Chevy has terrible service if they feel they cant make a buck they don't want anything to do with you. I had free oil change and tire rotations I would set up a appointment and it would still take at least 2 hours. If anybody has any tips on how to fix my issues with my USB port I would apprecitate them.
I have a 2013 chevy Silverado 2500 HD. Myusb port does not work eather . Cant play music through my phone to listen to music through my radio . My truck is set up for it . I get a message does not support usb on the radio . Anyone can help please email me at schmalzderek@yahoo.com.
Old December 14th, 2019, 1:14 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

You have a warranty. I'd use it.