Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Voltage gauge moving with turn signal

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2021, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow... I work at an auto parts store and. I know what a timing light is.

[QUOTE=Richardx2;302330]Well it's not just Autozone employees is seems all the people who work at the "parts stores" now are on the verge of being idiots. Go into one and ask if the have a timing light and the first thing they ask you is what year vehicle is this for? Tell them it is for a 53 Packard and they will stand there and look at you like your from another planet. The after that they will tell you they don't know what a timing light is.

I also dont need to know what your vehicle is to get you a timing light! Please don't base ALL employees at all stores on a few bad ones you've had.
Old August 17th, 2021, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default …and the answer is…

Originally Posted by pulcher01
Hey guys, I am new to this forum so I wanted to say hey first before I start throwing questions at you.

I have a 94 Chevy Silverado ext cab 4x4 with a 5.7. I am having trouble with the voltage gauge. When I turn my turn signals on the gauge bounces back and forth with the signals. When I turn on my headlights the gauge goes down. I have had auto zone check to see if the alt was going bad and they gave it a clean bill of heath. Have you guys got any suggestions?
I dealt with this issue for years and finally it became the normal. Well, this past weekend I done the Escalade gauge cluster upgrade and my voltage meter issues went away. I’ve mentioned this to other friends with the same issue and they replaced theirs with a junkyard replacement and it same thing. The problem was fixed.