Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Want to install headers, cold air intake and exhuast on 07 silverado

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2009, 4:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

With a CAI you don't actually touch your intake manifold or injectors.This upgrade just loses your manky OEM air filtration canister and bolts to your MAF sensor and your intake manifold.

The CAI bolts on in less than 2 hours, all instructions and parts included. It's a great job to do with a buddy and a case of beer. And we're serious, it's worth it.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeahit is whatever you need to know about lifts ask away every vehicle ive had i put a lif on it susupension do not settle fora body there cheap but they look and are junk!!! Get a suspension
Old April 25th, 2009, 4:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am trying to find the best type of lift to put on my truck.. i am newb to this portion and dont want to get some cheap ****.. all i want is 4in to 6in lift.. now that i think about it prolly 6 so its noticeable.. i want opinions on what type of lift, what brand kit, and what size tires and rims would be best.. anything else would be greatly appreciated..
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Ride of the Month
August 2009

What's your budget and purpose?

Deez
Old May 30th, 2009, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same K&N also and love it, I could have found it a little cheaper on ebay, but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it at here. K&N 57-3038, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it.
good luck
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by BRozier11
i am trying to find the best type of lift to put on my truck.. i am newb to this portion and dont want to get some cheap ****.. all i want is 4in to 6in lift.. now that i think about it prolly 6 so its noticeable.. i want opinions on what type of lift, what brand kit, and what size tires and rims would be best.. anything else would be greatly appreciated..
Whenever I hear the word 'Suspension' I always think 'Skyjacker.' They make great products. I did a search for your truck on their website, and a 6" suspension lift will run you about $2,126.60. Link to the kit. With that kit you should be able to fit 37" tires, which are, I'm sure, more than you need. Also, for your tires, I'm assuming you want something big and knobby, hence the lift. There are lots of great mud tires out there, but if the truck isn't going to see mud, then theres no point. If it is however...

The sizes are 35-37" and generic, I'm sure you can find the size you want.

Firestone Destination M/T
BFG M/T
Geolander M/T

And my personal favorites:

Nitto Mud Grappler
Nitto TerraGrappler

The Terragrappler is my current tire, and I'd buy them again in a heart beat. They are a great All-terrain tire, have a great ride, look really aggressive, and have never, ever, left me stuck anywhere, even after digging my truck to the frame in 3' of mud, they pulled me right out.

As for rims, that really depends on what you want. Size, style, color (chrome, black chrome, powdercoat, etc). The size of your rim will also limit some of your tire choices. If you have obnoxiously small rims, you won't be able to get huge tires, but it's very possible to get Mud Grapplers to fit 20" rims, which is the size I would recommend for your truck.

Hope I helped.